This section provides information and downloads for discontinued products. These products are no longer available for new installations.
Spare parts may be available. Contact us for more information.
FAAST XM Intelligent Aspirating Smoke Detector
The FAAST 8251BPI Intelligent Aspirating Smoke Detector combines dual source (blue LED and infrared laser) optical smoke detection with intelligent fire alarm panel connectivity using an analogue addressable loop.
The detector provides class A, B or C smoke detection, using an air sampling system that continuously draws air from the controlled environment into the detector chamber through a sampling pipe.
The three-stage filtering and particle rejection system ensures high sensitivity to smoke with excellent immunity to nuisance particles. The particle separator ensures that heavy particles bypass the detection chamber, extending filter life and preventing detection chamber contamination.
The detector can be connected to an analogue addressable loop for direct communication with a fire alarm panel. The 8251BPI detector reports to the panel as a FAAST detector. FAAST’s PipeIQ* software allows the detector’s sensitivity levels to be configured to match the panel’s pre-alarm and alarm settings.
- ActivFire List: AFP-2949
- Analogue addressable loop connectivity
- Draws air through a network of sampling pipes
- Detection as precise as 0.0015 %/m obscuration
- Five alarm levels and two sensitivity modes provide application flexibility
- Dual flow detection including both ultrasonic and electronic sensing for pipe and chamber air flow
- Advanced detection algorithms reject common nuisance conditions
- Patented particle separator and field-replaceable filter remove contaminants from the system
- PipeIQ® software provides intuitive system layout, configuration, and monitoring all in one package
- Monitoring and configuration via Modbus/TCP protocol over Ethernet
- Fault indictors exhibit a broad spectrum of events
- Unique air flow pendulum graph verifies pipe network functionality
- Particulate graph displays subtle environmental changes for early problem indications
- PipeIQ™ software provides intuitive system layout and configuration in one package
Enquire about this product