This section provides information and downloads for discontinued products. These products are no longer available for new installations.
Spare parts may be available. Contact us for more information.
FAAST XT Conventional Aspirating Smoke Detector
The FAAST XT Conventional Aspirating Smoke Detector (9400X) combines dual source (blue LED and infrared laser) optical smoke detection with advanced detection algorithms and a wide-area sampling system.
The detector incorporates an air sampling system that continuously draws air from the controlled environment into the detector chamber through a sampling pipe. The three-stage filtering and particle rejection system ensures high sensitivity to smoke with excellent immunity to nuisance particles. The particle separator ensures that heavy particles bypass the detection chamber, extending filter life and preventing detection chamber contamination. An easily replaceable filter protects the chamber from other large particles. The shape of the detection chamber is designed to resist the build-up of nuisance particles. The dual source sensing system employs advanced software to combine the signals from two separate light sensors for maximum smoke sensitivity while rejecting signals from nuisance particles. FAAST 9400X can accurately detect incipient fire conditions as early as 60 minutes before a fire actually starts.
- ActivFire: afp -3022
- Draws air through a network of sampling pipes
- High sensitivity for extremely early smoke detection
- Five alarm levels and two modes (Day/Night/Weekend & Acclimate™) provide application flexibility
- Day/Night/Weekend mode enables pre-set thresholds based on routine changes in the environment’s usage
- In Acclimate™ mode the detector automatically adjusts thresholds to current environmental conditions
- Dual flow detection including ultrasonic and electronic sensing for pipe and chamber airflow measurement
- Configurable 3-speed fan, allowing for maximum coverage area or minimum current consumption
- Easy configuration via USB interface
- Ethernet interface enables remote monitoring, configuration, web server and e-mail
- LCD display provides interactive access to detailed information and user control functions
- Configurable air flow fault thresholds and verification period
- Unique air flow pendulum graph verifies pipe network functionality
- Particulate graph displays subtle environmental changes for early problem indications
- PipeIQ™ software provides intuitive system layout and configuration in one package
Enquire about this product