Net2 (F220) Network
Net2 Network Card
The Pertronic Net2 Card is the central building block for the Pertronic Net2 Network system. This card connects with the Net2 Ring Circuit via two bi-directional ports: Net In and Net Out. Data arriving at either port is regenerated and transmitted from the other port.
The standard ports are electrically-isolated half-duplex RS-485 connections with built-in terminating resistors. The ports may be configured as single-mode or multi-mode fibre-optic ports by installing FIBNET modules. Each FIBNET module converts one port (Net In or Net Out) to a dual-fibre full-duplex fibre-optic port.
The Net2 Card is the only device physically connected to the Net2 Ring Circuit.
Net2 peripherals including network remote control and display units connect to the network card via the Network Peripheral Bus. The Network Peripheral Bus provides an RS-485 data circuit and a 24 Vdc (nominal) power circuit. The Network Peripheral Bus data circuit can communicate with up to eight Net2 NCUs or Net2 Mini-Mimics.
The bus power circuit is capable of powering one or two Net2 NCUs or Net2 Mini-Mimics, depending on brightness settings. Additional Net2 NCUs or Net2 Mini-Mimics require suitable power supplies (for example, the main power supply of a fire alarm control panel).
To satisfy Australian regulatory requirements, the network card should be co-located with an AS 7240.4-compliant power supply.
(Please refer to the Pertronic Net2 Network and Net2 Fibre Optic Converter datasheets for more information about the Pertronic Net2 System.)
- Active connection point between two segments on a Net2 Ring Circuit
- Isolates any faulty ring segment
- Two half-duplex RS-485 network ports (Net In, Net Out) with built-in terminating resistors
- Optional dual-fibre full-duplex fibre-optic network ports (single-mode or multi-mode versions)
- Communicates with up to eight Net2 NCUs or Net2 Mini-Mimics via the Network Peripheral Bus
- On-board clock with super-capacitor backup power maintains system time for at least 24 hours without system power
- Earth fault detection on the Net Out port
- USB host port
- RJ45 Ethernet port
- Communicates with an F220 control panel via the F220 Internal High-Speed RS-485 Bus
- Automatically creates a complete configuration backup of all network card and networked panels whenever a USB stick is plugged in
- Independently tested by an IANZ-accredited laboratory
Enquire about this product