Net2 Network Card
The Pertronic F220 Net2 Network Card (NET2CARD) is the central building block for the Pertronic F220-Net2 Network System.
An F220 Net2 Network Card may be configured to interface one of the following devices to an F220-Net2 Network:
- Pertronic F220® fire panel and/or multiple Net2 NCU or Net2 remote displays
- Pertronic FireMap® workstation
- Modbus master device
- ASCII text-based system including nurse-call, printer, or pager
NCUs and Remote Displays
Each network card provides a Network Peripheral Bus for communicating with Net2-compatible RS-485 peripherals. The bus is capable of addressing up to eight Net2 NCUs or Net2 Mini-Mimics.
Pertronic FireMap® Interface
When configured as a FireMap interface, the F220 Net2 Network Card interfaces the entire network with a FireMap workstation over a TCP/IP Ethernet connection.
When configured as a Modbus interface, the F220 Net2 Network Card provides a supervised bi-directional interface between an F220-Net2 Network System and a Modbus master device such as a building management system.
The network card provides 3,000 Boolean Nodal Mapping Objects (NMO). NMOs may be configured as Modbus coils, discrete inputs, holding registers, or input registers. (A Modbus register can hold up to 16 NMOs). Any F220 fire panel object or event within the F220-Net2 Network may be mapped to any NMO.
ASCII Text Interface
When configured as an ASCII text interface, the F220 Net2 Network Card exports selected fire system events as ASCII text, suitable for printers, pagers, nurse-call systems, or other text-based systems. The output message format is defined in FireUtils® using a simple and versatile template.
The F220 Net2 Network Card connects with the Net2 Ring Circuit via two bi-directional ports. The standard ports are electrically-isolated half-duplex RS-485 connections. The ports may be configured as single-mode or multi-mode fibre-optic ports by installing Pertronic Net2 Fibre-Optic Converter (FIBNET) modules.
Please refer to the “F220-Net2 Network” datasheet for more information about the Pertronic F220-Net2 Network.
- Up to 160 F220 Net2 Network Cards may be connected in a single F220-Net2 Network System
- Two half-duplex RS-485 network ports (Net In, Net Out) with built-in terminating resistors
- Optional dual fibre-optic full-duplex network ports (single-mode or multi-mode versions)
- Isolates any faulty ring segment
- The Net2Card’s Network Peripheral Bus provides an RS-485 data circuit and a 24 V dc power circuit.
- The bus data circuit communicates with
- Up to 8 Net2 NCUs or Net2 mini-mimics, and
- Up to 8 LED display controllers (such as the Pertronic LAC485 or Pertronic PDB12)
- The bus power circuit powers 1 or 2 Net2 NCUs or Net2 mini-mimics, depending on brightness settings
- Additional Net2 NCUs or Net2 mini-mimics require suitable power supplies (for example, the main power supply of a fire indicator panel)
- Three rotary switches for configuring the network node address
- Bi-directional Modbus interface provides:
- 3,000 Boolean Nodal Mapping Objects (NMOs)
- Ability to map up to 8 timers from any panels on the network to Modbus registers. (Multiple timers may be mapped to a single register. The total number of mapped timers must not exceed 8.)
- Mappable I/O watchdog
- On-board clock with super-capacitor backup power maintains system time for at least 24 hours without system power
- Automatically creates a complete configuration backup of all network card and networked panels whenever a USB stick is plugged in
- Earth fault detection on the Net Out port
- Communicates with an F220 fire panel via the F220 Internal High-Speed RS-485 Bus
- USB host port
- RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port for Modbus, FireMap or ASCII Text (printer/pager/nurse call ) interfaces
- RS-232 port (non-isolated) for text interface
F220 Network2 Card F220
Enquire about this product